Kiss Vinyl Glass Using SimpleCut 7.1
Design by Susan Clark Enderson - Janome Freelance Educator
- Cling vinyl in colors available at Amazon.com
- Edge cutter
- Red blade
*Design is from the Janome MC9900, but you can use any design. Only have one color of cling vinyl? Cut different shapes instead.
In Artistic SimpleCut 7.1:
- Select new>next>next
- Select artwork from embroidery and find the design you want to use. Click here to see the image.
- Select next and finish
*With the design open on the screen, select the "rectangle select" from the top of the left tool bar.
- Click on the tile in the sequence manager to select the entire design. You can also use the short cut "Ctrl+A". Click here to see the image.
- With the design selected, right click on the design and select Autoborder. Click here to see the image.
- You can also click on "Autoborder" on the left tool bar.
- Position to the outside and type cut. Click here to see the first image and here to see the second image.
Sending the Design to the Cutter:
- In the Presets, select the "cardstock 60lbs" settings. Click here to see the image.
- Insert the Red blade and adjust to 3.
- Place the vinyl on your green mat. (vinyl side up, paper side down)
- Using the arrow keys on the screen, move the mat into the cutter and the lazer onto the vinyl. Note the position of the pink dot on your design in the preview.
- Select "Trace" to make sure you are positioned properly. Click here to see the image.
- Select "Test" and make a test cut. Adjust if needed and click "Apply".
- Press "Cut"
- When finished cutting, remove the mat from the cutter.
- Peel the back of the outer vinyl.
- Remove your design.
* Apply to your drink glass, window, shower or patio door and more!